This event gives participants the opportunity to take in a runnable, beautiful route which follows the North Walian coastline between Prestatyn and Bangor. The 50km takes runners to the beach at West Shore, Llandudno, with 2700ft of ascent along the way. The 100km route involves 8000ft of ascent, and follows the entire Waymarked 'North Wales Path' - providing lots of variety in terms of terrain and grade. On both routes you can stretch your legs on large sections of flat coastal running, whilst also tackling the hills inland, without ever getting too high or deviating too far from the coast itself. You'll visit and pass famous landmarks such as the Great Orme, Conwy Castle, Aber Falls and Penrhyn Castle and there'll be plenty of feed stations and support along the way.
Route info and Gpx Here
We'll be using GPS Trackers to time and track you, and your friends and family can follow your progress at every stage, via the tracking link we'll provide ahead of race day.
Whether you'll race, or participate whilst doing lots of walking, and making the most of the generous cut off's - you can look forward to a great day out at the North Wales 50km & 100km in 2023
Start - Nova Centre, Prestatyn.
Start times -
50km: 6am and 7am
100km: 4am, 5am and 6am
Event Time limit:
50km - 9 hours
100km - 18 hours
Rolling cut offs:
The first 2 checkpoints at Kinmel Bay (11.5km) and Llysfaen (22km) shall close at 8.45am and
Participants must leave the checkpoint at 54k (Llandudno West Shore) at 3.30pm and 80k (Aber Falls car park) at 7pm. Those not achieving this will be asked to leave the race by the race marshals.
- Competitors must arrange their own transport as required from the finish. They should have a support driver on hand to pick them up should they have to leave the race early. We cannot provide transport for retired competitors. The main British Rail trainline from Chester to Holyhead follows the route and there are numerous stations along the way.
- 6 aid/feed stations available along the way (3 for the 50k), located at:
CP1 - Kinmel Bay SH 9857780576
CP2 - Llysfaen SH 8928776825
CP3 - Llandudno North Shore SH8033582287
CP4 - Llandudno West Shore SH 77318155
CP5 - Aber Falls car park SH 6629171987
CP6 - Hendre Hall SH 6261470447
- 100km Participants - A Drop bag can be transported for you to the checkpoint (Llandudno West Shore) at 50k, and will be moved on to the finish thereafter
- Event specific memento and certificate for all competitors
- Medical cover, Event Map, GPS Tracking and Chip Timing is included for all
Parking is available at the start at a small charge.
A briefing will take place 15 minutes before we set you off and there shall be a check of mandatory kit.
OutFit Member Entry